Friday, January 27, 2012

Alfalfa cubes vs pellets - Chronicle Forums

I use both My horse has not so great teeth so I do use the cubes as a mid-day lunch, soaked with TC senior because they are considered longer stem fiber. However on days when I don't have as much time to soak, I started to use pellets mixed with his a.m. and p.m. feed, and I use some mid-day mixed with the cubes so I can at least get him started on what has already softened. Interestingly, since I began this, he is not only holding his weight for the first winter ever, but he is gaining weight!! He has never looked this good in January!

If your horse is getting enough other fiber, the pellets are easier IMO. They soak faster and my horse seems to like the taste more.

As for getting your horse to eat them, I just mix TC senior with it and make a mash.

0 comments:

Post a Comment