Friday, April 27, 2012

BlackIris Design: Yum Yum Friday: Alfalfa Sprouts

I've been sprouting lately, this week the first batch of Alfalfa sprouts is ready so I had a few pretty healthy meals. I put them in my salad with Arugula leaves, a little thousand island dressing and grape tomatoes. I know I could have used a healthier salad dressing but that was all I had in the fridge. I don't think I want balsamic vinegar with the sprouts because it might drown the taste. I also grew some lentils sprouts, which I am planning to eat later on today. They taste really good in a sandwich too, especially with an avocado and if you want to make it even fancier, add some Brie!

Healthy homemade lunch with Alfalfa sprouts


I was amazed at how fresh the Alfalfa tasted! My mom used to grow sprouts too years ago, we even had a 3 levels sprout growing plater thing with draining holes, which unfortunately broke. The alfalfa sprouts we had were much better than the store bought stuff. I really enjoy this new activity, its a little like a science experiment.

If you want to grow your own sprouts, there are many videos and tutorials out there and it is super easy, I will share my experience with you next week, with a short tutorial so you can see how I do mine.

Stay tuned.

^*^I^*^

0 comments:

Post a Comment