Sunday, April 15, 2012

Lucy Volume II: You Can Call Me Alfalfa

Why do some of the people you hire to do a job do it they way they want instead of the way you clearly explained how you wanted it done.

When I went into the haircut place (notice I didn’t say salon) to have my hair trimmed, I told her exactly how to cut my  hair. I explained that the hair at the crown needed to be left a little long because if it’s cut too short it stands straight up like Alfalfa’s on “The Little Rascals.” I also told her to trim my hair on the sides to half-way the ear.  I wanted it  trimmed slightly on top and  tapered in the back.  I told her to trim my bangs to my eyebrows.

She started at the back; I couldn’t see exactly what she was doing. I began to get an inkling of a problem when she said a couple of times that my hair was very long. It was probably 2 1/2 inches long all over except for the bangs and the sides; it was a little shorter there.

By the time she started on the sides, I realized it was a bit short, but I didn’t say much. I still couldn’t see the crown. By the time she finished, my hair was about an inch long and it was cut so short on the sides that Mr. Fixit’s sideburns are longer than mine. I was almost in tears when I left.

Since I no longer have curl in my hair, I feel so unfeminine. This cut is so awful, I’m embarrassed to be seen in public. I wish I could stay inside for three weeks until my  hair has a chance to grow a little.

I just don’t understand why she asked me how I wanted it cut and then completely ignored every thing I said.  In fact, it seems like lately everyone ignores whatever I ask and they do exactly the opposite of my wishes. It makes me feel invisible. But maybe a little invisibility would be nice right about now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment