Thursday, March 22, 2012

Alfalfa Cell Tower Plans Anger Residents - News Story - KTVZ Bend

Alfalfa residents spoke out Wednesday about AT&T's plans to install a 100 foot tall cell phone tower on Alfalfa Market road, as they prepared for a public meeting with the tower installation company.Many property owners from the Cascade View Estates said they're not going to let it happen without a fight. Some people have even posted signs along the roadway, with messages to stop the process."You know, I moved out to the country to be in the country," Alfalfa resident Patti Devencenzi said. "I didn't want to be in a town with a lot of high-rises and whatnot. I'm here in the country for my lifestyle, and secondly it's the health issues associated with cell towers."Many of the residents said with all the open land in Central Oregon, they don't believe the tower should be close to any homes."I love my neighbors, and I welcome new neighbors," said Alfalfa resident Tiffany Aldrich. "I would be concerned that people would be deterred from moving out here."The tower company, American Tower Corporation was holding a public neighborhood meeting Wednesday night to address the issues at the High Desert Community Grange on Powell Butte Highway.

0 comments:

Post a Comment